IDEal by Trixxhttp://www.fungamesfactory.com
IDEal is an advanced new IDE for Blitz Plus and Blitz 3D, easy to use for beginners, yet very powerful with many advanced features for power Blitz users.
- IDEal is very fast... IDEal can load, parse and highlight a file with 15000 code lines in just 1 second. The editor itself also loads in 1 second.
- Real-Time STRICT emulation - special ability to highlight ( default in RED color ) all undeclared / misspelled variables immediately as you type ! Many syntax errors will be immediately visible !
- Powerful parsing engine additionally to standard constructs will recognize and separately highlight inbuilt functions, variables, labels etc.
- Totally customizable.. you can fully customize and arrange menus, toolbars, layout, but most importantly, you can customize context menu and all the shortcuts in the editor.
- Advanced, intelligent, project-wide intellisense for types / fields.
- Advanced, very powerful, customizable autocomplete system. Project-wide and also works with inbuilt functions, variables, labels and constants.
- Advanced AutoIndent system will fully autoindent code as you type . Also available is standard autoindenting mode.
- Powerful auto correct of variable/function casing with project-wide realtime correction of all occurrences of the changed variable / function.
- Braces highlighting of matched braces, surrounding braces, and special ability to highlight ( default in red color ) missed / unmatched braces !
- Code Browser - Multiple levels Code browser will allow you to go to the Previous/Next position and works globally across all opened files.
- HotCodes - short abbreviations for long code/variables/functions to speed up typing and reduce typing errors.
- Powerful option to save all defined bookmarks, folding states and other settings embedded in the file ( and restore them on the next load ) !
- Layouts ( aka perspectives ) - save and restore different layouts with just a key press.
- Workspaces - Workspace is all your opened files/projects ... you can save workspace and restore later, you can load last active workspace ( aka 'load last opened files' ) etc.
- User controllable scope completion.
- Scope tips - IDEal will show the first line of Scope/Loop in the status bar when the cursor is over the keyword that ends that scope/loop !
- External tools - define and run external tools that use blitz source files or created executables ( as UPX, Cod2Doc, preprocessors etc...)
- Snippets manager with categories for your code snippets / templates.
- Integrated file explorer with Favorites ( files and directories ) and Windows Explorer context menu.
- Standard and Private clipboard ring.
- Code Explorer with separate list for functions, types, arrays, variables, constants and includes.
- Global bookmark system - works across all opened files.
- Real-time function help with parameter highlighting, also works with inbuilt functions.
- Second type of comment with different color/style, used, for example to mark more important comments in the code.
- Powerful Find and Replace - can also search in all opened files and project wide. Find Next, Previous, Wrap search, Search from cursor / Top of the file etc...
- Supports different versions of both Blitz3D and Blitz+ at the same time.
- Integrated Help / Web Browser with separate MDI interface.
- Line wrapping mode.
- Unlimited number of compilers.
- 6 different user interface styles and XP themes support.
- Very low CPU / Memory usage .
- Customizable, dockable user interface.
- Full drag & drop support , compatible with windows explorer.
- 100% customizable syntax highlighting with various color schemes .
- Code folding with custom foldable blocks of code.
- Indentation guides with highlighting on scope keywords.
- Split views of multiple files.
- Allow / disallow multiple instances of IDEal.
- Project Manager.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Color Picker.
- Cutting/Deleting/Moving up - down of whole lines.
- Various coding and debugging help options.
- IDEal is free !
And many more ! Visit www.fungamesfactory.com for additional info, forum discussions, tips and more...
Some screenshots of IDEal: